2006 was a great year to be in the search industry but there are always a few speed bumps. Below are our nominations for the top search industry blunders this year.
- Yahoo’s New Ad Platform (Panama) Delayed, Stock Plummets
- Microsoft’s Live.com Replaces MSN Search; Microsoft’s Search Product Loses Market Share
- DMOZ goes offline, Again!
- Incisive Media Lets Danny Sullivan Walk Away from Search Engine Strategies; Danny Starts Search Marketing Expo
- Adieu to Google Answers
- Microsoft’s Hires Porn Actress as Ms. Dewey The Face of Live.com
- Google Copies Yahoo’s Internet Explorer 7 start page
Now it is your turn to vote on the top 7 and add your own. We added the list to Squidoo with the new Plexo feature that allows you to vote for your favorites like on digg, only it is on a Squidoo Lens.
Of course every industry has its share of blunders, below are more lists for your consumption.
PR Blunders of 2006
Business Blunders of 2006